Kinds of Personal Information We Collect and Hold
Personal information is any information or an opinion about you or which could reasonably be used to identify you. The types of personal information we generally collect may include:
- Your name, address, date of birth, and contact details
- Your financial information
- Your residential information
- Your credit information
Sources of Personal Information
We typically collect personal information directly from you. We will obtain your consent to collect sensitive information unless we are required or permitted by law to collect it without your consent. You may interact with us as:
- A customer or a beneficiary under a consumer credit loan
- A customer of an intermediary or referrer
- A business partner, where we may make personal contact to further promote our services.
- You have the right to refuse to provide your personal information, although doing so may prevent us from being able to offer you a loan.
How Personal Information is Collected and Held
We may collect your personal information when you use our online services, complete our documents or forms, or speak to one of our agents. We store your personal information in our secure computer systems and databases. Physical records are kept in secure environments. We may employ our related bodies corporate, agents, and third-party suppliers for data storage services. Any personal information you provide over the internet is held securely.
Anonymity and Pseudonymity
You may be able to deal with us anonymously or by using a pseudonym in limited circumstances. Examples include seeking general information about our products or services or indicative pricing. However, in most cases, this will not be possible.
Purposes for Collecting, Holding, Using and Disclosing Personal Information
Who We May Disclose Your Personal Information To and Why
We, or our authorized agent, may disclose your personal information to:
- Any person authorized by you
- Our service providers in Australia and overseas
- A mail house, records management company, or technology services provider
- An organization that provides you with banking facilities
- Another credit provider, referrer, financial services provider, or our agent
- A dispute resolution organization such as The Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA)
- A credit reporting organization
Disclosure to Overseas Recipients
In some instances, our service providers and related bodies corporate we disclose your personal information to may be located overseas. These countries may include the Philippines, New Zealand, Canada, the UK, the USA, and countries within the European Union. In certain cases, these recipients may be required to disclose it under foreign law. Such disclosure is not a breach of the Act.
Accessing and Seeking Correction of Your Personal Information
We strive to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete, up-to-date, and relevant. You should check the information we hold about you when you receive a consumer credit contract or general correspondence, or when we speak with you. You may request access to your personal information that we hold at any time, and request us to correct any errors in that information. Generally, no restrictions or charges will apply.
How You Can Contact Us or Make a Complaint
For more information about how we manage your personal information, to request access to or correction of your personal information, or to file a complaint, please contact us. We will make every effort to resolve your complaint or refer you to our independent dispute resolution processes. Please refer to our complaints section for more information.