Utility bills can really pile up. It doesn’t help that electricity prices in Australia are higher than they’ve ever been! We could all do with a few tips and new ideas to reduce energy and water bills to save some money.
Here are 10 easy and practical money saving tips that everyone can use.
- Install LED light bulbs, they’re 4 times more efficient than the old incandescent bulbs.
- Use cold water to wash your clothes and wash a full load. Air dry the laundry on the line, don’t use a tumble dryer.
- Turn off the lights! If you’re not in the room, the light doesn’t need to be on.
- Reduce shower time to 5 minutes. You can save a small fortune over a year in electricity and water bills.
- Switch off all your unused electrical devices and power strips. This really adds up.
- Turn down the temperature on your hot water heater.
- Go easy on the air conditioner – rather use curtains, blinds and natural ventilation to control the temperature.
- Find the best deals from energy providers, shop around don’t and get ripped off.
- Ensure you have an insulated ceiling as it makes a huge difference to your energy bills.
- Make sure your fridge seals are working, leaky seal waste a lot of energy.
If you’re having trouble keeping up with your utility bills, reach out to the team at Wonder Loans for a small loan. We can try to help you get ahead of those expenses, so you can stop stressing about keeping the lights on!